- Allows you to offer your guest a variety of flavors.
- One of the great advantages to cupcakes is being able to serve a complete tiny dessert, such as creme brulee, carrot cake with cream cheese icing, or tiramisu. They are also easily tailored to the season, such as pumpkin with cream cheese icing in the fall, red velvet for Valentine's Day or chocolate with peppermint buttercream and candy cane garnish in the winter.
- Cupcakes are self-serve, so no need for utensils, plates, or waitstaff.
- This can sometimes be a cost savings if your venue charges to cut and serve cake.
- Can easily be color coordinated or decorated to match a wide variety of themes.
- The sky is the limit when decorating cupcakes, They can range from simple, elegant, and monochromatic, to colorful, load, and customized with flowers or figures to match the theme of an event. Think summer flower garden (cupcakes decorated with hydrangeas and rose), fall harvest (pumpkins, mums, and sunflowers), or a baby jungle theme for a baby shower or birthday party.
- Cupcakes are nostalgic and fun!
- Cupcakes bring back sweet memories of your favorite bakery, cooking with your family, and after school treats.
- Cupcakes can be displayed in many ways and used as a part of the decoration of the event.
- Cupcakes can be set out at each place setting, clustered on a pedestal or plate in the center of each table, displayed on a cupcake stand or tower, or included as part of a dessert buffet. You can even have a cupcake themed dessert table complete with different flavors. Another fun idea would be a cupcake "bar." Guests could choose from a variety of cakes flavors, fillings, icings, and decorations to create their own custom cupcake.
- Cupcakes make a great serving size, and provide your guests with a small but sweet treat.
Monday, July 19, 2010
Wedding Trend: Cupcakes
Cupcakes are a big trend for weddings, birthdays and other special events. Some of the main pros to this choice are: